Textile materials and products manufactured to achieve functional properties and technical performance.
Industrial textiles are part of your everyday world and can be found in the following in the following applications:
- Automotive: Airbags, (are your seats really leather?) Convertible Tops, Truck Covers,
- Sporting Goods: sleeping bags, tents, sails, ropes, luggage
- Personal Protection: bullet proof vests, hazmat suits, fire gear
- Manufacturing; waterproofing materials, pipe linings, breathable liners
- Medical: Sutures, Surgical textiles, new biomedical implants
- Industrial Automation: Conveyor belts, ground cover, fabric racking system
What separates Industrial from Fashion Textiles?
Industrial Textiles require Function before Form. Fashion needs to look great. Industrial needs to work!
The differences are industrial textiles are designed to meet some of the following functional or technical performances such as:
- Chemical resistance
- Thermal Protection, Insulation, or Stability
- UV resistance
- Fire Resistance
- High Tear Strength
“We had a demanding project with multiple changes and variations and a near impossible deadline to hit and East West simply made it happen. They had industrial textile engineers literally flying all across the globe working countless hours to validate raw material sources, ensure the material met third-party testing standards, and delivering samples for the approval process.”
John | Company Confidential
East West has experience with Industrial Textiles in the non-invasive medical space, industrial applications for HVAC/R, and industrial automation.
We can assist with simple industrial products through complex, highly functional projects that take multiple hours to complete. We have worked with clients to convert a metal product into an Industrial Textile application which saved them cost, weight, and hours of set-up time.
If you are considering a Global Manufacturer for your Industrial Textile project, check out our free whitepaper below and don’t do a thing without considering these 7 tips!