As the product owner, you are up against countless challenges in trying to get your goods to market and maximizing ROI by stretching the product lifecycle. Value Engineering helps identify, address and overcome those challenges.
Value engineering is an exercise or method of analyzing a product’s features, systems, materials, etc., to realize essential capabilities at the lowest cost while maintaining consistent performance, quality, reliability, and safety.
This is achieved in several ways:
- Offering new product development for customers lacking the appropriate staff or bandwidth to execute the products on their roadmap.
- Assisting new customers with identifying opportunities to reduce costs without sacrificing quality or performance while transitioning products to the manufacturer.
- Evaluating mature products currently managed to identify creative cost-saving opportunities, enabling customers to increase market share.
East West’s on-staff engineers, and sometimes trusted partner firms, help your product further down the development road using an array of services, including:
- Industrial design
- 3D modeling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Electrical and firmware development
- Reliability engineering
- Tooling analysis and design
- Cost analysis
- Manufacturing optimization