Every global manufacturing company has a finite set of specialties, capabilities, and strengths. We are no different. There are countless manufacturing resources around the world capable of making high-quality products, and no single manufacturer can produce a part for every project.
Occasionally, we are asked to make a product outside of our skillset that we’re just not a good fit for.
Here is a list of things we do NOT make:
- Chemicals or chemical compounds, that includes perfume
- Food or wine
- Commodities, think wingnuts of common bolts and screws you can buy anywhere
- Invasive or implantable medical devices
- Cell phone cases
- Consumer textiles, sneakers, or garments
- Plastic cutlery, plates and cups
- Prototypes for sale – production samples, different story
- Short run production, < 500 units
- One-offs or individual products that we manufacture for OEM or distribution customers
- Replacement motors
*We support and mentor the start-up community (through programs like the ATDC in Atlanta), and have collaborated with a few early stage hardware companies.
We have found the best start-ups for us to partner with have:
- Board of Directors
- Maturing product (well beyond prototype) and sales that are rapidly scaling
Our focus is creating the optimal process and the process for each product, not just the component. When working with East West, our team will become an extension of your team which will translate to faster product development and faster growth for you.
Need more information about the industry? See our resources.