Your product development project is under the watchful eye of a dedicated Project Manager. A project manager is like a good pair of binoculars, moving effortlessly between the micro and the macro of a project. Often the project manager will follow up with business units, suppliers or customers for information about the project’s progress. Their job is to keep your project on track.
The responsibilities include:
- Creating budgets and timelines for the project.
- Lining up resources from suppliers.
- Assisting product development engineers using schedules and checklists.
- Monitoring progress of the project.
- Creating data-driven status reports for management.
- Communicating with engineering team and customer.