Looking for our Electric Motor Capabilities? Click here to visit our Electric Motor Division page.
Wellington Drive Technologies, a leading global provider of Energy Saving Electronic Motors, Airflow and Refrigeration Control Solutions to the commercial refrigeration and ventilation market, and East West Manufacturing have announced a strategic partnership to leverage their joint capabilities and accelerate growth by manufacturing Wellington EC Motors.
The partnership between Wellington Drive and East West will strengthen the product and service offerings of both companies through collaborative product developments, supply chain cost reductions, and marketing alliances focused on broadening global reach and customer offerings.
What are EC Motors?
These energy efficient EC (electronically commutated) motors are sometimes called “brushless DC” motors. At the simplest level, they operate like a DC motor, with the mechanical commutator replaced by electronic switches working under computer control.
Wellington ECM Motor Specifications:
- Power: 7W – 50W Output
- Application: Evaporator, Condenser Fans for Bottle Cooler and Refrigerated Display-Cases, Walk-In Coolers, and Exhaust Fans
- Agency Approvals: UL, CUL, CE (VDE, CCC, and ATEX available)
- Available in Day/Night Speeds
“Our partnering with East West has been a major boost to our business. They have added efficiency to our supply chain, added value with years of motor manufacturing expertise, and have committed resources to ensure our milestones were met. We were searching for an alternative contract manufacturer and were lucky enough to have found a true strategic partner.”
Dave Howell | Wellington Drive Technologies
Wellington’s ECM motors offer six major benefits:
- High efficiency up to 70% (shaded pole motor ~18%)
- Less heat lost in the motor, reducing the refrigerator air stream heating
- Constant speed across a wide voltage range
- Longer motor life resulting from lower running temperatures
- Reliable operation in high moisture and high dust environments
- Ball bearings to enable mounting in all orientations
|Wellington OEM Support||Wellington Aftermarket Support|
|Dave Purvis||Sue Sieben|
|Phone: (404) 252-9441 ext.141||Phone: (847) 922-5098|
|Email: [email protected]||Email: [email protected]|