A few of the plastics manufacturing processes East West performs are:
|Injection Molding||Vertical Injection Molding||Over-Molding|
|Compression Molding||Rotational Molding||Blow Molding|
|Casting||Insert Molding||Pad & Serial Printing|
Types of Plastic Resin used:
TPU, TPE, Engineered Resins (including: Acetal, POM, FDA), PP, PE, ABS, HIPS, Nylon, PA, PC, and more.
Tests we perform for customers plastics include:
|Wear||Tensile Strength||Free of Sink Marks|
|Non-destructive Test (NDT)||Strength/Hardness Retention||Surface Finish|
|Wall Thickness||QUV||Texture on Mold|
We meet the requirements defined by American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) as well EU standards.
Plastics Manufacturing requires knowledge of: cavity and tool manufacturing, cycle times, cooling time, press tonnage, inbound raw material inspection, and additives such as glass fiber, calcium-carbonate, UV inhibitors, Dye Pigments, Foaming Agents, and Microban.
The two most important factors in a plastic molded project:
- Tool Design and Manufacture
- Selection of Raw Material
“My company, Thermopro, has been working with East West for years with great success. Not only has East West cut our manufacturing costs and improved product quality, they have worked quickly to solve any problems that arose and have communicated very well throughout the course of our relationship.”
David Gould | Thermopro
Questions to ask your Plastic Manufacturer:
- After I purchase tooling, do you guarantee the molds for the life of the project?
- What’s the most efficient tooling option, single or multiple cavities?
- Do you have your own tool shop?
- Who owns the tool?
- Will your Plastic Manufacturer and/or Tool Designer help you determine: Draft angels, Slides, Injectors, Multiple gates, Core, or Collapsing Core features?
- How many molding machines to you have?
Selecting the right Global Manufacturer is fundamental to the success of your business!